Letter from James - May 8, 2010

James sent a card to his mom for Mother's Day along with a memory card with some pictures from the MTC.


Dear Mom,

Thank you so much for being the best mom in the world. Being on a mission has made me really miss the love of having a mother around to hug. I can't call home for Mother's Day (missionaries in the field can usually call home on Mother's Day and Christmas) because there are not enough phone lines for the 2,500+ missionaries in the MTC right now. I will be able to call you from the airport thought. It made me sad because I was really looking forward to talking to everyone on Sunday. I have some pics on the memory card I hope you all enjoy.

A quote I love is, "God cannot be everywhere, so He gave us mothers."

Alma 56:47 in the Book of Mormon, "[The two-thousand stripling warriors]...had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them."

Proverbs 23:23 reminds me of what you say a lot :)

I've had some real hard times, but what helps me through them is to imagine seeing you when I return home and seeing how proud you and everyone will be. I'm working hard to make you proud. I love you so much mom! I wouldn't be where I am without you. Thank you for raising me in this gospel where I can feel peace and happiness. I can't wait to share the love you have shown me with the Lithuanian people. You have the sweetest spirit and I am trying to build such a spirit like yours (of course, Sisters' spirits are much more sweeter than Elders' - lol). Thank you for being there for me. No matter where I go, I always know I have the greatest mother in the world. That makes all the worries pass away.

Love (myliú),

Vyresnysis Sanfordas

No comments:

Post a Comment