Email from James - August 16, 2011

We had zone konference yesterday so that is why I didn't email yesterday. Don't worry, I am still alive and well. :D It was a lot of fun. We got to go down to Kaunas and see everyone again. I love zone konferences so so much and they are such a spiritual strengthener and really boost you up and make you want to be better. It was so awesome to see Elder Erickson again. We acted like we hadn't seen eachother in years. He ran up to me and gave me a huge hug and said how much he misses me and all my funny moments and my acting. Haha. It's really crazy though. Around the whole world for all missions, the First Presidency wants every companionship to have a small DVD player so we can watch the PMG DVDs more often so we can learn a lot more from them. So we all got small little DVD players so that will be fun to use. I was a little tired yesterday because yesterday was a holiday here so they only bus that left from Šiauliai was at 6 and we had to get up at 4 to get ready to go. So that was a blast. I slep a little on the bus ride but not to much. It was so foggy that morning then it cleared up a bit and it was so pretty with the sun shinning through the fog onto the beautiful midevil land of Lietuva. Ah I love it here so much. I'm so blessed to be a Baltic Missionary and in Lietuva speaking this ancient language. 

I'm so happy i'm still in Šiauliai too. The branch president is way close to us here and he is way funny. We had to go down to Vilnius to get Elder Kezele's visa stuff done and we went out to eat with the branch president because he lives in Vilnius and every saturday he travels up to Šiauliai for sundays. He's so great. 

We found a great lady this week who came to church and became really good friends with some of the members which was a real miracle. I really hope that she can find out that the church is true. She is in her late 20s and has a daughter but she isn't married. Her parent are pretty against the church but she doesn't care. She would be such a great help to this branch so much. 

I had a fun day at church. I had to teach Preisthood Quorum and I taught about the Book of Mormon and it's importance for us in our day. It was a really good lesson and a lot of fun to teach in LIthaunian. 

We don't have a lot of time to email today so it's a little short but just know that I had a great week last week. We have been working really hard and I can feel the Lord is blessing us for our obedience and for our hard work in helping his children come back to him. I love this gospel with my whole soul and I thank God everyday that I am blessed to be on a mission. I wouldn't have been able to have this change into the person I need to be if I hadn't gone on a mission. Thank you so much for all the help you give to me and all the love and support. I can't wait to hear from you next week. 

                 su meile visada,
                      James

No comments:

Post a Comment