Email from James - February 28, 2011

Alo family,

I just am loving this transfer! Elder Hyer and I are having so much fun working together and I have learned a lot from him. You say he can learn a lot from me, but I am learning a lot from him. He is such a great missionary. This week will be our third week and it makes me sad how fast time goes by. I have noticed how much I trully know Lithuanian by working with Elder Hyer. I help him with the language cause he struggles with it. It has helped me learn Lithuanian a ton cause I have to speak more in lessons and what not so that has been fun. Something crazy, next monday will be my 11 month mark and then after this month flies by, I will be at my year mark!!! How crazy is that!!!! It literally feels like I was just in the MTC. I never thought it could be true when missionaries say that the time flies by.

So I got Mom's package. Thanks so much for the recipes and the ensign mom. I love the CD. If you get the chance, could you possible get the Peace like a River cd by MOTAB. That one has some way cool songs on it and if you see anything with BYU men's choir that would be awesome. I like their songs. A little heads up, I could see mom getting me this, there is a cd called Army of Helaman and it has some shirts of missionaries on it and it's like a 2 cd thing. Dont' bother getting that. The cd is really bad lol. :D Elder Manning got it for a package and we had a good laugh at it. Also, if you could, could you send some New Era's. I think I like those more cause they have cool missionary stuff and their aren't so seriouse like ensigns. We have some here and I just love reading them. They have a lot of great things in them that I like more than the Ensigns. Ensigns still seem a little to grown up for me haha.

So not too much happened this week. I challenged a guy we had been teaching for a few weeks to baptism. He is 69 and a way cool guy, kinda out of it though, the one I told you about. So when I challenged him, he laughed and said why, he has already been baptized. We have taught authority with him over and over and he says he understands and believes it. So we figured we would accept baptism but he didn't .He said he was too old and doesn't need to be more religious. We are going to wait a little bit to go back and teach him. So that was about our week. We went to a small town outside of Klaipeda to go to a school. One of our english class students asked if we could go to her school and come to their after school english class. She said the teacher thought it would be cool to have Americans there. So we went. It was alot of fun and the kids loved having us there and they were somewhat interested in what we do as missinoaries. haha. We are going to go back again in March. I love it out there. It's a way small town and there are no domes anywhere. I love it here. These past few weeks, I have just been feeling so happy all the time and I can't explain how it started but I love it. I love being a missionary and time is going by way way too fast. I love the people here so much and my wonderful Lietuva. :D I am going to cry so hard when I have to leave here, especially Klaipeda. I just love this city so much. My mission means more and more to me everyday and I wouldn't have been able to learn as much as I have learned now if I didn't go on a mission. The language has just been flying and it makes time go faster and faster when I don't have to even think in english. When I call elder hengst, who was in the MTC with me, we always talk in only lithuanian and we laugh cause we are speaking and in the MTC we had the hardest time ;D

So that's pretty much it from this week. I hope all is well at home. Nate got his mission call and he is going to the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission which is so awesome to hear. He leaves in June.

Well family, I love you so much and before you know it, we will be talking on the phone again and I will be past my year mark. AAAAAAAAAAAH! Thank you so much for all you do for me. I owe you so much
       Su daug daug mielu,
             Vyresnysis Sanfordas

P.S. I have the russian alphabet down. I can now sing, write, and read in Russian.
James Sanford  Джймес Санфорд!  Haha I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment