Letter from James - April 29, 2010


Week 3!!! 6 more weeks left!

     So last week was very hard. My testimony was shaken a little. The language got so hard I really felt like giving up. Then I read a lot about the Atonement and really researched it in Personal Study time. I love my Savior. It really opened my eyes to how much Christ loves me and will support me when times get hard like it did last week. I knew I not only had to rely on Heavenly Father's help but that if I put forth as much work as I could and really tried to speak the Language as much as I could, Heavenly Father would help me. So I had a sincere prayer with God. After that night I worked harder than I ever had before. I was constantly reading in the Book of Mormon in Lietuviskai and english. I spoke a lot more. I spent a lot more time studying then time for other things that don't really help much.

     Last night we had TRC again. TRC is where you teach a fake investigator. We do a door greeting and come into their home and teach them a lesson in Lithuanian. So I taught the same guy we taught last week. I told him I had been working so hard since last week. Last week I barely said anything. So as we entered his "home" we began the lesson. I said a silent prayer in my heart to know what to say. Imediately, the words I had been studying and the scriptures I had been researching came to my head. He asked lots of questions and answered them in ways that greatly brought the spirit. I was so happy after. Patrick, the guy I taught, gave me a hug and said, "Elder, I knew you had it in you. Lithuanian is one of the hardest languages out there. But you said more than anyone ever could in over 5 months of studying. I'm proud of you." That made my day. I felt like jumping up and down. It was like a had conquered a giant mountain. I still have a long way to go. My Lithuaninan is not perfect at all. But the Lord gave me a real humbling lesson that I needed to learn. I won't forget last night.

      Two nights ago we had another amazing devotional. Elder L. Tom Perry came and spoke to us. The spirit was so strong when he entered the room and we all stood up as he came in. It was amazing to see an apostle of the Lord so close. He spoke about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how we need to share it more with the Investigators that we teach. I really enjoyed cause this past week and this week my love for the scriptures has grown so much. A day doesnt go by where I don't get a lot out of it. I greatly love them and the counsel and guidance they bring to our lives.

     Being a District Leader has been way fun. I get lots of opportunities to teach and serve, the two things I greatly love. I'm really loving it here. Tell the Lambournes thanks for their letter I got two weeks ago. :D

      So dad, we talked for a sec about my bags and I think I may need another big bag now that I think about it. We moved last week and it was really tight. All the missionaries have two large bags. So I'm going to talk to the front desk and see if somehow I could leave the small one and you guys bring a big one or something. Tell me what you think. I have six weeks so it doesnt' have to be done right away. It would make things easier with two large bags then one small and big one.

     Tell the ward "hi" and if anyone wants to write to me tell them to.Thanks for the package. :D I will write a letter too. lol, dad, some words I couldn't read in your letter but I figured it out. I used my urim and thumim in my head.

      I love you all so much ( As myliu jus).  Lithuanian has been fun, lol. Learning seven cases is kicking my but I'm excited to learn it all. Our teacher, Bro. Snow, showed us pics of his mission. Oh my gosh it's so beautiful there. There's cemetaries and castles and it's really green. It got me so excited to go out there. It's funny, my excitement to share this message of this wonderful gospel and the abounding happiness it has brought into my life has made me love the people of Lithuania grow. I have never met them but I know that they need me and I need them. They look so neat and I can't wait to get out there to finally meet them. They are the sweetest people ( from what I hear).

     I have been taking lots of pics. I will take more then I will send the card out to you. Please keep them somewhere on the comp or somewhere where they won't be lost. I love them and want to keep them forever.

     I have been making lots of friends. The missionaries learning Greek didn't get to leave on Tuesday. They were supposed to but their visas haven't come. So they are still here. Luckily for us, it's so cool, if our permit to live/ visas don't go through, we will go to Lithuania for 90 days and if we still don't have them, we will serve in Ireland til they go through or for our whole mission. Awesome huh? I'm happy with whatever happens. I don't know how that works out with Ireland or Lithuania but It's really cool.

     I love you all so much. I miss you all greatly. I pray that the Lord will bless you and keep you safe. Mom thanks for the letter :D
    
                            Myliu,  (love)

                                    Vyresnysis Sanfordas

No comments:

Post a Comment