Email from James - January 24, 2011


Alo Šeima,
 
Hahaha ya the language is no where near fluency. But I try, it has gotten a lot better and Elder Hilton and I talk in only Lithuanian some nights. It's such a flippy language. I have days where I feel really confident in the language then I'll talk to someone who decides to talk about bizaro things and then I feel like I know nothing. hahaha it's great. :D I love the language though, I keep learning more and more and I love it. I have been memorizing a certain amount of words each night and before I used to have a hard time remembering them but now I remember them really quick and don't forget them. Things are clicking together a lot faster then before which is good. Hahaha oh ya my language stories will be hillarious. I am almost to my 10 month mark and I still have stories :D
 
Yay recipes. I'm very excited to get those. It has become a tradition for me to make ( well I make all foods :D) but my specialty is Chicken Alfredo on sundays :D Elder Manning showed me a way good recipes for some yummy enchiladas we had on exchanges. Oh they are so so good.  So ya recipes would be very awesome to have. I will try your hot dog thing. It' sounds way good. We made hotdogs like how I used to make them at home where I cut them up into thirds and then toasted them then put them on toasted bread. :D
 
Man your work just sounds intense. It will be cool to see your office in person and see all of the people you work with and all of the cool projects you have done. I loved seeing your office and the cool stuff you do :D I hope to have a cool job when i'm older but i'm not going to talk about jobs cause that just gets me worried cause I can't decide what I want to do :D hahaha
 
Grandpa sent me a quick email. He just told me about all of the shrimp he got and all the cleaning and stuff he had to do for it. He got tons. Then he said he has found some pesos here and there so no big jewels haha. I love wearing the Nebraska hoody :D I have my camera so I will send a pic so you can see it :D
 
So this week was .... pretty slow again. We taught a member and english class. wahoo. hahhaa. that was a sarcastic wahoo btw. :D It's really hard to have faith sometimes to think that there are people out there who want to listen. It feels like hello we are missionaries WAM door shut over and over. The cd I bought in the MTC of motab with praise to the man keeps me going. I have been reading the Teachings of Joseph Smith book and it is awesome so that has kept my fire going. I still love it here but I just really want to find people. We, the district, are way worried about this branch. The numbers of people that come is seriously bad. We have had about 8 members that keep coming and the rest have been moving away for work and what not. I really fear that this church will be gone here in Klaipeda in a few  years because everyone is leaving for work in other countries. It may just be missionaries on sundays. Thankfully Pres. Blinduruk can't move yet cause they don't have enough money too. They want to move to America. If they did that would be awesome cause they said they would probably go to Utah then you could meet them. But if they move, a missionary would have to be the Branch President which would not be a good thing. We need members to be in the presidency to keep it going.  Anyways, just pray for the branch here and that the hearts of the people will be open to hear our message.
 
We were blessed to have President and Sister Dance over on Tuesday for our District Meeting which was awesome. He taught well retaught us some of the things he talked about at Zone Conference about how to work with members and the mission leader. Our mission leader is Thomas who is the coolest 18 year old kid I know. He speaks way good english and we always bud around. :D He is the only young man here. He's way solid though. So ya we talked about that then President Dance took us to lunch after which was way fun to do with them. We went to Chili Kaimas which is a Lithuanian Restaurant. President Dance refuses to eat Cepeliniai cause he is set that the meat on the inside is dog meat hahahhaa. :D So I had way good Cepeliniai and Shalti Baršiai ( the cold beet soup) It is so good. Elder Nelson had it for the first time and he started gagging hahaha. :D Silly americans and not liking good food :D A funny note: President DAnce talked about honesty. In paritcular about being honest in music. We were a little confused how we could be honest with music. He invited us to chuk burned cd's we had from other missionaries in order to be honest cause that isn't being honest to have those cause we didn't buy them. That was way hard for Elder Manning and I to do. I had over 30 cd's from other missionaries like motab and some efy cd's and way good music. NOW, it's ALL GONE. I have the cd's you sent me and Elder Hilton has some soundtracks. So hahahha music is about the only thing I want from home :D President Dance said it's fine if our family sends us burned copies of music but we can't share it with other missionaries ( like burning our copies for other missionaries) so if you ever see cool cd's at desert book feel free to maybe get me some :D I love motab a lot so more of them would be way good and any cool soundtracks from movies would be way cool. I am  happy to get the package sometime this week cause I know you sent some music. But ya it was way funny how he invited us to do that cause we have all been on huge discusions with eachother about after our missions, are we going to burn cd's for other people or download music. :D They go on for a while :D So ya, dearest family, music is pretty much all I want from home hahaha. Called to Serve and the Joseph Smith cd over and over is kinda driving Elder Hitlon and I mad sometimes hahaha :D I promise we are surviving. It has made things challenging but we know we will be blesed for our obedience.
 
ALSO, I'm a terrible brother for forgetting. I remembered two mondays ago and forgot to email it and then forgot this past email but, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARKER!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry for not emailing that bud. I hope you had a way fun birthday and got lots of cool stuff. :D I told people you were six and they thought it was crazy how I have a six year old brother. I always tell my english class about you and how you and I would go hang out and how we went to see AVATAR. They all laugh and saw how cute :D
 
Well that's all for this week. We are going to get kababs. OH they are so so good. It's a turkish thing but what they do is they have little stands all over but there is one we found that is the best. It's in a hidden location. But what kababs here are is the take lettuce, cucumbers, onions, some funky sauce and this way good meat and put it all together in a big tortilla and then toast it. Oh it is so so good. I laugh everytime I eat it cause I know if I was offered to eat it when I was home. I would say eew, I hate all the vegetables in it. But now, being a missionary, I love trying new foods and that is so so good with all of that in it. Mom, dad, you were right that I mission would change my eating habits :D I even love sour cream with my enchiladas ahahaha :D
 
I can't wait to hear from you once again next week :D I love you all so so much. Thanks so much for the support and love you give me. And all the prayers. I am going to be so much better about sharing the gospel with people. If you ever know anyone who doesn't know about the gospel, don't hesitiate to share it with someone and tell them how much this gospel has blessed your life and ours.

           su meile,
               Vyresnysis Džemsas Sanfordas

No comments:

Post a Comment