Email from James - March 14, 2011

Hahah I don't have anything green so I don't know what i'm going to do for thursday (St. Patrick's Day). They don't celebrate that here, surprisingly cause we are closer to Ireland, so I think I will be ok.
 
So far we haven't had to change the clocks yet but I think we will soon. Who knows. I know they do change clocks here cause we did last fall.
 
Wow it's already two weeks til general conference. That's way weird. Ugh time is going by so so fast. :D It feels like it wasn't that long ago when we all went to conference before I went into the MTC.
 
I love cooking a ton. We are going to make sort of pigs in a blanket this week so that will be exciting. :D cooking is just way fun.
 
So yesterday, I had to teach elders quorum. So I spent a long time writing out in lithuanian what I wanted to say and scruiptures and what not. Hahaha I got through not even half of my lesson. Elders quorum here is more like a debate room or they don't say anything at all when i ask questions. It's not as bad here as it is in Kaunas but they get on stupid tangents and what not. But for the most part it was really good. It was a good practice for my lithuanian to teach in front of a group for about 45 minutes. I had fun. One of the senior missionaries was there and he said it was cool to watch me teach in another language. :D
 
We had an investigator/ well sort of investigator/ come to church. She is an english class student that we have been friends with for a long time. We were able to teach a first lesson. I let Elder Hyer lead most of it cause he could speak english with her cause she is very fluent in english and he has a hard time speaking in lithuanian. It went pretty good. She kinda thought it was too much. Apparently, she was upset with elder hyer cause she said when he is normal he is good to be around but when he taught, it wasn't him. It made elder hyer a litle upset. He just said, dumb girls and their dumb drama. hahaha we had a good laugh about it. She came to church and said she liked it. Well she said she like the fun youth class but sacrament meeting was kinda boring. Hahaha she said in a joking way that we sound so cute when we speak lithuanian. lol So I learned I sound cute when I talk to people hahah. I don't know if I should take that as a complement or as an insult.
 
I was also going to ask you dad,
I want to know more about your conversion to the gospel. All I know is that you took lessons and then you decided that it was true and then you were baptized. I would really like to know more about your conversion story. I would really like that and also I would love to hear stories from your mission. Like I don't even know if you had any baptisms, struggles on your mission, stuff like that. You can tell me stories here and there or however you want but I would really like to know more about that :D
 
I don't think I can say thank you enough for all the love and support you all give me. It means so much and it will be such a great day when I can give you all a big hug and say how much I love you all. :D Have an awesome week and pray for the lithuanian people cause they are the greatest to me and I love them so much. :D
              su miele,
                  V. Sanfordas

No comments:

Post a Comment